SOAL PAST CONTINOUS TENSE
1. What used to describe a past action over a period of time?
A. Present tense
B. Past continous tense
C. Simple present tense
D. Simple past tense
2. Correct pattern for “when” is . . . .
3. Correct pattern for “while is . . .
complete this sentence by sentence right past continuous tense!
4. Tyan opened the door . . . . Nany was washing plates
5. Yono was sleeping . . . . Dina took her book
6. My friends ............. in the classroom when the teacher ............
a.was studying - came
b. were studying - came
c. were studying - were coming
7. The employees ............ in the factory when the electricity ...... off.
a. was working - is
b. were working - was
c. were working - were
Tentukan kata kerja dalam kurung apakah dalam bentuk Simple Past atau
Past Continuous berdasarkan konteks yang ada.
1. Fajar _____ (eat) dinner when her friend called.
2. While Fajar was cleaning the apartment, his mother _____ (sleep)
3. At three o'clock this morning, Fajar ______ (study).
4. When Fajar arrived, The Hasans _______ (have) dinner, but they
stopped in order to talk to her.
5. Fajar _______ (go) to France last year.
6. When the teacher _________ (enter) the room, the students were talking.
7. While Fajar was writing the report, Nafa ______ (look) for more
8. We _________ (see) this movie last night.
9. At one time, Mr. Fajar _______ (own) this building.
10. Fajar _______ (write) a letter to his family when his pencil _____